Life’s journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting holy shit…what a ride! – Author Unknown
Welcome to my blog about life after kids. If you find that you are approaching an empty nest or already living sans kids, please join me while we explore the possibilities for this exciting chapter in our lives. Although we are placing the focus on the upside of having a vacated nest, for those who are still recovering from going from a full house to the “sounds of silence,” we will be sharing some insights to help you make the leap from taxi driver, counselor, chef, secretary, financial advisor, nurse, and all the other roles you have played in your child’s lives to Badass Nestie. So what exactly is a BadAss Nestie you ask? Let us first explore the term badass. Badass: Ultra cool, excellent, formidable, radiating confidence in everything, slow to anger, and brutally efficient .
- You feel the urge to explore new hobbies, career options and adventures but don’t know where to begin. Or perhaps you just keep talking yourself out of trying new things.
- You feel guilty if you aren’t focusing on your kids more. It can be difficult switching from all out mommy mode to focusing on “me” mode.
- You aren’t sure what to do with all your extra time. You just know you want to fill that time with meaningful activities and pursuits.
- You feel lost without the constant contact with other adults now that you aren’t attending so many children focused functions with other parents.
- You wonder what other women in your situation are doing with their time and energies. For that matter, you wonder how they are keeping themselves full of energy.
- You know there must be more to life than work and waiting to hear from your kids.
- Finally, you are ready to try new things in the pursuit of discovering your life’s purpose or to learn more about the possibilities in front of you. In the stirrings of your soul, you know that there is more to do, see and experience in your life.